Motions & Petitions

Wayne County Court of Common Pleas does not have a Motions Court.  

For all motions and petitions, please do the following:

  1. Send the original motion/petition with at least one copy to the Wayne County Prothonotary/Clerk of Courts Office (925 Court Street, Honesdale, PA 18431).  Your filing should include a statement as to whether or not it is contested.
  2. On your cover letter, request the Prothonotary/Clerk of Courts forward the copy to Wayne County Court Administration.
  3. If your filing is contested, please include a proposed scheduling order setting the matter for a hearing and/or argument as needed.
  4. All filings should include a proposed order granting the requested relief.