Wayne County received funding from the Department of Human Services (DHS), which is specific to renters only. It can assist with households behind in rental payments and/or utilities. If assistance is needed, in addition to overdue payments, this program can assist with an additional three months of rental payments to prevent homelessness, which is subject to eligiblity and funding availability.
To be eligible for this program, the household must meet the following criteria:
- Tenants must be US citizens or qualified non-citizens with unexpired immigration status.
- One or more tenants in the household has:
- Qualified for unemployment benefits, or
- Experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to the COVID-19, which the applicant shall attest in writing.
- One or more individuals in the household can demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability, which may include
- a past-due utility or rent notice or eviction notice;
- unsafe or unhealthy living conditions.
- The household has an annual or monthly household income that is no more than 80 percent of the Wayne County Area Median Income (AMI) for the household size. Reference chart below:
Applications are available on the PA Compass website.
Those who don't have internet access are encouraged to go to their local library where individuals have been trained to assist with the applications process. Find your local library on the Wayne Library Alliance webpage.
Questions about the program can be directed to ERAP@WayneCountyPA.gov or call 570-253-2304 and leave a message. Someone will get back to you within 48 business hours.