WAYNE & PIKE (Jan. 3, 2018) –The Monroe, Pike Wayne SHARE Housing program has more than a dozen participants waiting to share their homes in Wayne and Pike Counties.
The program is designed to help seniors, over age 60, to remain in their homes by pairing them with people age 18 and older who need affordable housing. The tenants, who have their own rooms, may provide companionship and services such as cleaning, cooking and transportation in exchange for low rent payments.
Both sharers are vetted by the agency, which conducts background and security checks and interviews them separately to ensure a good match. To learn more, contact Pike and Wayne Coordinator Larisa Yusko at 570-832-5133.
The following situations are currently available:
Wayne County –
- Lake Como-female, couple, or female with child, no pets, nonsmoking, little rent.
- Damascus-no pets, outdoor smoker ok, nondrinker.
- Waymart-2 rooms, 1 person must be over 60, no pets, nonsmoking.
- Lake Ariel-2nd story, 2 bedroom apartment, nonsmoker, pets ok, $700.
- Waymart-Female preferred, outdoor smoker ok and dog ok.
- Lakeville-Nonsmoking, nondrinker, $300.
- Lakeville-Drinker ok, nonsmoker, no pets, $400.
- Pleasant Mount-Female, pets ok, $300.
- Moscow- Older female, nonsmoker, no pets, companionship.
- Beach Lake-Over 60, small dog ok, $350.
Pike County –
- Greentown-female, under 60, nonsmoking, no pets, owners have a dog
- Milford-female, no pets, nondrinker, nonsmoking, no internet, must cook rent $0
- Bushkill-2 rooms, 1 person must be over 60, pets ok, owner has dog and cat, $400 per room.
- Dingman Township-2 rooms, pets ok, nonsmoker, $450 per room.
- Hawley-1 bedroom apartment, no pets, outdoor smoker $500.
- Milford-must be over 60, cat ok, outdoor smokers ok, owner has dog $600.
- Dingman’s Ferry-female, pets ok, outdoor smoker ok, must cook, little rent.