The Commissioners’ Office also serves as the county business office. The staff is responsible for processing accounts payable invoices for the general, liquid fuels, 911 and various other special funds. The office also processes payroll and is responsible for other human resources functions and reporting, insurance coverage, claims and other insurance related matters as well as budgeting, accounting and financial reporting.
Contact the following with specific inquiries:
- Vicky J Botjer, CPA, Chief Clerk: Human Resources Director, Supervisor of Business Office, Open Records Officer. Project management and acts as community liaison.
- John Haggarty, Business Manager: Works with Chief Clerk and Treasurer to manage the general fund budget, manage cash flows and financial reporting functions.
- Helen Rigler, AP/GL Specialist: Processes invoices and check payments after invoices have been approved and submitted by each department. Assists the Business Manager in proper recording of expenditures for budget reporting. Due to strict IRS regulations, each vendor must have an updated W-9 form on file.
- Stacey McConnel,Human Resources Assistant: Processes new hires for all departments of the County. Enrolls and administers in conjunction with the Chief clerk all Employee Benefits. Supervises the biweekly processing of payroll and updates of employee information. Reports and administers Unemployment benefit and FMLA leave approvals.
- Rochelle Haviland, Payroll & Retirement Clerk: Maintains records for active employees in the Retirement Plan and administers benefits for all retirees. Processes biweekly payroll and assists the HR Assistant with record keeping and processing for all employees.
- Justin Valinski, Risk Manager: Worker’s Compensation Claims reporting and management. Property and Liability Claims reporting and management. Safety Committee and Building Safety coordinator. Works with HR assistant and Chief Clerk on Wellness and Healthy Lifestyle programs.
- Lee Krause, esq.: County Solicitor, 570-253-2520.