- Human Services
- Drug & Alcohol
Drug & Alcohol
Don’t let drugs or alcohol steal another day from you. Recovery is possible so don't wait any longer. Call us or stop by -- we offer free and confidential help to all Wayne County residents.
The Wayne County Drug and Alcohol Commission is here for Wayne County residents of all ages or income levels who are experiencing problems with alcohol or drugs. We are the first stop to access all levels of treatment and a variety of other drug and alcohol services.
Some of what we offer:
- Drug and alcohol intake and assessment
- Placement in the level of drug and alcohol treatment that best meets your needs
- Benefit coordination or funding to ensure the cost of your treatment is covered
- Access to a variety Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) options to help you with your recovery from heroin or opioid addiction
- 24/7 access to emergency placement or warm handoff services
- Ongoing case management services to assist with needs that may interfere with your successful recovery
- Recovery support services from a Certified Recovery Specialist
In addition to helping people with drug and alcohol problems, the Wayne County Drug and Alcohol Commission also has as an important part of its mission to prevent the onset of such problems. To this end we also provide the following:
- Evidenced based Drug and alcohol prevention programs in Wayne Highlands, Western Wayne and Wallenpaupack Area School Districts at all grade levels.
- Student support groups covering a variety of topics
- Community programs on alcohol and other drug related topics
- Student Assistance Program (SAP) consultation and liaison services
- Parenting programs and support groups
- Specialized classroom programs and trainings for students, teachers, and other professionals
The Commission also operates Wayne County’s Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Program and employs the County DUI Coordinator. This office provides the following services for DUI offenders: Court Reporting Network (CRN) evaluations, Alcohol Highway Safety Class, and DUI Intervention Group.
The Commission contracts with a variety of licensed drug and alcohol service providers. In Wayne County we contract with PA Treatment and Healing (PATH) and Little Creek Outpatient Services for the provision of outpatient, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization and The Wright Center for medication assisted treatment. We also hold numerous contracts for all levels of inpatient treatment services.
The Wayne County Drug and Alcohol Commission is also a resource for information on a variety of topics related to drug and alcohol use, treatment, and prevention.
For general questions and non-emergency inquiries email: (someone will respond in 24 hours) DnAQuestions@waynecountypa.gov
Please spread the word about free and confidential services available to residents of Wayne County who are struggling with drug and/or alcohol addiction.
If you are pregnant, you will receive preferential treatment services.
For more detailed information on the core services we offer please click on the following links:
- Case Management and Treatment Services
- Prevention Services
- Recovery Support Services
- Medication Assisted Treatment Services