County Positions (Non-Civil Service)
The Wayne County Commissioners will accept unsolicited employment applications at the Wayne County Commissioners Office, 3rd Floor, Wayne County Courthouse. These applications will be held for 3 months only. Applications for Corrections Officers will be forwarded directly to the Warden for his file. Applications for Deputy Sheriff will be forwarded directly to the Sheriff for his file.
Available positions will be posted online on the County Website, under Employment Opportunities; some positions may be advertised in the Wayne Independent. Once an opening is posted, unsolicited applications will be reviewed and may be pulled for consideration depending on content of application. Positions requiring Civil Service listing must follow those specific guidelines.
Current county employees are eligible to apply for any available non-civil service openings that may be posted by submitting a letter of interest. If a current county employee is successful in being selected for the open position there may be salary adjustments necessary, depending on the position transferring from and to, as well as other employment regulations covering the position.
Civil Service Departments and Positions
Employment opportunities with the Wayne County Office of Human Services (Area Agency on Aging, Children and Youth, Drug and Alcohol or Behavioral and Developmental Programs/Early Intervention) are covered through the Pennsylvania Civil Service System.
Information to Assist With Testing
- How to Get a Civil Service Job (PDF)
- Letter to Applicants Applying (PDF)
- Veterans Preference Brochure (PDF)
Departments under the Wayne County Human Services Department
The Departments under the Wayne County Human Services Department of Wayne County Government are Civil Service covered positions through the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission. Please note these are County positions and carry county salaries and benefit package.
- Please contact Juliann Doyle, at 253-4262, ext. 3111 for more information on how to apply and test through the civil service system. Email Juliann Doyle
- A phone call to set up an appointment is recommended.
- Visit Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission to apply and test at:
Lackawanna County Career Link
135 Franklin Avenue
Scranton, PA 18503
- The County of Wayne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Wayne County Departments That Hire Through the Pennsylvania State Civil Service Commission
- Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
- Children and Youth Services (C&Y)
- Drug and Alcohol Commission (D&A)
- Behavioral and Developmental Programs and Early Intervention (B&DP/EI)
- Wayne County Transportation System (WCTS)
These departments are seeking qualified applicants to take civil service tests for entry level future potential vacancies due to resignation or retirement.