Court of Common Pleas
Provides administrative services to the Courts including:
- Budgeting and finance
- Calendar management
- Community relations
- Human resources management
- Jury management
- Public information
The information on this website is not an alternative to legal advice from your attorney or other professional legal services provider. For specific questions about any legal matter, you should consult your attorney or other professional legal services provider. Members of the Court staff cannot provide legal advice or attorney referrals. The Wayne County Bar Association maintains a list of members.
22nd Judicial District Mission Statement
The mission of the Court of Common Pleas is to provide a fair, impartial, accessible and open judicial forum for the efficient resolution of Criminal, Civil, Family, Juvenile and Orphan Court matters. The Court is committed to:
- Provide quality service that continuously improves, that exceeds public expectations, and that ensures that all are treated with courtesy and respect.
- Earn the respect and confidence of an informed public to enhance public confidence in the Court systems.
- Enhance the potential of every person in our organization to contribute to the administration of justice through participation and cooperation, training and technology.
- Provide equal access to a fair and effective system of justice for all without excess cost, inconvenience or delay, with sensitivity to an increasingly diverse society.
- Maintain the independence of the judiciary while strengthening relations with the public, the Bar and the other branches of government.
- To continually monitor and ensure all employees of the Court of Common Pleas facilitate the hearing and processing of all cases within the Court’s jurisdiction and deal fairly, courteously and patiently with all with whom they come into contact, without regard for age, gender, natural origin, disability or political or social standing.